Kids can help save energy, too!
At school, most kids are now learning how they can live a greener lifestyle now that will ultimately impact the future for all of us.
By being educated about something so important, they are also learning some smart ways to save energy, ultimately helping you save money and improve the environment. Why not continue this worthy education by empowering your kids to help you save energy
at home, too with our helpful tips.
First, it's best to start small. Make one family energy saving effort each week and do your best to stick with it. For example:
- Make it a rule to turn off lights and electronics when you leave the room.
- Break the habit of leaving the refrigerator door open when getting a drink or snack.
- Set acceptable time limits (like 5-10 mins max) for showers and cut down on taking baths, don't waste all that water!
- Unplug chargers when portable electronics are fully charged
- Keep doors to unused rooms closed
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth
- Close drapes, use fans, and turn the thermostat up to 78-80 degrees
- Consolidate errands and cut out some car usage. Walk, ride a bike, carpool, or maybe even scooter or skateboard with your kids to make errand running healthier and perhaps even a little more fun!
Setting a few ground rules with kids now can really impact not just their future and your wallet but will over a longer period of time impact the planet in a healthier way, too.
Get some more energy-saving tips here >